By Liane Simmel
Dance drugs in perform is the whole actual textbook for dance, written particularly to assist dancers comprehend the anatomy, functionality and care in their our bodies.
Specific chapters are dedicated to targeting the backbone, pelvis, hips, knees, toes, shoulders and hands. every one of those covers the next key aspects:
- Anatomy: bone constitution, musculature, and serve as. How every one a part of the physique strikes and the way it responds lower than pressure
- Pitfalls: universal examples of undesirable perform and the impact that those could have at the body
- Self research: the best way to detect and muscular tissues and the means of every joint.
- Injury Prevention: assistance and suggestion on the best way to top stay away from and forestall harm either in education and daily life
- Exercises: uncomplicated and potent equipment of strengthening, mobilising and stress-free joints and muscles
- Checklists: Dos and Don’ts for the simplest dance technique.
The most sensible dancers understand that taking care of their our bodies is the most important to their luck, and Dance drugs in perform also covers how one can make sure the absolute best meals, plan and deal with education schedules, and make sure that accidents are saved to a minimal either in frequency and influence. it's the absolute best spouse to a lifestyles in dance.
Read or Download Dance Medicine in Practice: Anatomy, Injury Prevention, Training PDF
Best dance books
This is often the tale of English kingdom Dance, from its 18th century roots within the English towns and nation-state, to its transatlantic jump to the U. S. within the twentieth century, instructed through not just a well known historian but additionally a people dancer, who has either immersed himself within the wealthy heritage of the people culture and rehearsed its steps.
First released in 1996. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Inside highbrow paradigms that privilege brain over subject, dance has lengthy seemed as a marginal, by-product, or primitive paintings. Drawing aid from theorists and artists who include subject as dynamic and agential, this booklet bargains a visionary definition of dance that illuminates its constitutive paintings within the ongoing evolution of human people.
Whereas there are books approximately people dances from person nations or areas, there isn’t a unmarried accomplished publication on people dances around the globe. This illustrated compendium bargains the coed, instructor, choreographer, historian, media critic, ethnographer, and common reader an summary of the evolution and social and spiritual importance of people dance.
- Passion & Spirit: The Dance Quote Book
- The Little Handbalancing Book
- Fifty Contemporary Choreographers (Routledge Key Guides)
- Dance as Text: Ideologies of the Baroque Body (Oxford Studies in Dance Theory)
Additional resources for Dance Medicine in Practice: Anatomy, Injury Prevention, Training