By Susan Kozel
Read Online or Download Closer: Performance, Technologies, Phenomenology (Leonardo Book Series) PDF
Similar dance books
This can be the tale of English kingdom Dance, from its 18th century roots within the English towns and geographical region, to its transatlantic jump to the U. S. within the twentieth century, informed by way of not just a well known historian but additionally a folks dancer, who has either immersed himself within the wealthy background of the people culture and rehearsed its steps.
First released in 1996. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Inside of highbrow paradigms that privilege brain over subject, dance has lengthy seemed as a marginal, spinoff, or primitive artwork. Drawing aid from theorists and artists who embody subject as dynamic and agential, this ebook bargains a visionary definition of dance that illuminates its constitutive paintings within the ongoing evolution of human folks.
Whereas there are books approximately people dances from person nations or areas, there isn’t a unmarried entire e-book on people dances around the globe. This illustrated compendium deals the scholar, instructor, choreographer, historian, media critic, ethnographer, and basic reader an outline of the evolution and social and non secular value of folks dance.
- What Moves You?: Shaping your dissertation in dance
- Choreographing Identities: Folk Dance, Ethnicity and Festival in the United States and Canada
- Rock 'n' Roll Dances of the 1950s (The American Dance Floor)
- Legacies marching on: Vincent Dunoyers mediale bemiddeling van dansrepertoire (AGENT) (Dutch Edition)
- Cante de Gitanas con Nombres de Luz / Songs of the Gypsies with Names of Light
- The Little Handbalancing Book
Additional info for Closer: Performance, Technologies, Phenomenology (Leonardo Book Series)