By Ann Hutchinson Guest
Read or Download Choreographics: A Comparison of Dance Notation Systems from the Fifteenth Century to the Present PDF
Best dance books
This is often the tale of English state Dance, from its 18th century roots within the English towns and nation-state, to its transatlantic jump to the U. S. within the twentieth century, informed via not just a well known historian but in addition a folks dancer, who has either immersed himself within the wealthy background of the people culture and rehearsed its steps.
First released in 1996. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Inside of highbrow paradigms that privilege brain over subject, dance has lengthy seemed as a marginal, spinoff, or primitive artwork. Drawing aid from theorists and artists who include subject as dynamic and agential, this publication deals a visionary definition of dance that illuminates its constitutive paintings within the ongoing evolution of human individuals.
Whereas there are books approximately folks dances from person nations or areas, there isn’t a unmarried entire booklet on folks dances around the globe. This illustrated compendium deals the coed, instructor, choreographer, historian, media critic, ethnographer, and basic reader an outline of the evolution and social and spiritual value of people dance.
- Embodied Consciousness: Performance Technologies
- The Neurocognition of Dance: Mind, Movement and Motor Skills
- Contemporary Choreography: A Critical Reader
- Release Your Burning Dance
- Business 101 for Dance & Fitness Teachers (The Business of Teaching Dance and Fitness)
- Supervision of Dance Movement Psychotherapy: A Practitioner's Handbook (Supervision in the Arts Therapies)
Extra resources for Choreographics: A Comparison of Dance Notation Systems from the Fifteenth Century to the Present