By Johnson M. Hart
The Definitive consultant to home windows API Programming, totally up to date for home windows 7, home windows Server 2008, and home windows Vista
Windows process Programming, Fourth variation, now includes huge new assurance of 64-bit programming, parallelism, multicore platforms, and plenty of different an important subject matters. Johnson Hart’s powerful code examples were up to date and streamlined all through. they've been debugged and established in either 32-bit and 64-bit models, on unmarried and multiprocessor platforms, and lower than home windows 7, Vista, Server 2008, and home windows XP. to elucidate software operation, pattern courses are actually illustrated with dozens of screenshots.
Hart systematically covers home windows externals on the API point, proposing sensible insurance of all of the providers home windows programmers desire, and emphasizing how home windows capabilities really behave and have interaction in real-world functions. Hart starts with gains utilized in single-process purposes and steadily progresses to extra refined services and multithreaded environments. subject matters coated comprise dossier structures, reminiscence administration, exceptions, techniques, threads, synchronization, interprocess communique, home windows providers, and security.
New assurance during this version includes
- Leveraging parallelism and maximizing functionality in multicore systems
- Promoting resource code portability and alertness interoperability throughout home windows, Linux, and UNIX
- Using 64-bit tackle areas and making sure 64-bit/32-bit portability
- Improving functionality and scalability utilizing threads, thread swimming pools, and crowning glory ports
- Techniques to enhance application reliability and function in all systems
- Windows performance-enhancing API beneficial properties to be had beginning with home windows Vista, resembling slender reader/writer locks and variables
A spouse site, jmhartsoftware.com, includes all pattern code, visible Studio initiatives, extra examples, errata, reader reviews, and home windows statement and discussion.