By Sondra Fraleigh
Read or Download Butoh: Metamorphic Dance and Global Alchemy PDF
Similar dance books
This is often the tale of English kingdom Dance, from its 18th century roots within the English towns and nation-state, to its transatlantic jump to the U. S. within the twentieth century, instructed via not just a well known historian but additionally a folks dancer, who has either immersed himself within the wealthy background of the folks culture and rehearsed its steps.
First released in 1996. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Inside highbrow paradigms that privilege brain over subject, dance has lengthy seemed as a marginal, by-product, or primitive artwork. Drawing aid from theorists and artists who include subject as dynamic and agential, this e-book deals a visionary definition of dance that illuminates its constitutive paintings within the ongoing evolution of human folks.
Whereas there are books approximately people dances from person international locations or areas, there isn’t a unmarried accomplished publication on folks dances around the globe. This illustrated compendium bargains the coed, instructor, choreographer, historian, media critic, ethnographer, and basic reader an outline of the evolution and social and non secular importance of people dance.
- Using the Sky
- Experiencing the Art of Pas de Deux
- Dance Movement Therapy: Theory, Research and Practice
- The Eloquent Body: Dance and Humanist Culture in Fifteenth-Century Italy
- Contact Improvisation: An Introduction to a Vitalizing Dance Form
- Stunning Males and Powerful Females: Gender and Tradition in East Javanese Dance (New Perspectives on Gender in Music)
Additional info for Butoh: Metamorphic Dance and Global Alchemy