By Tom Austin,Ron Kase
Read or Download Bill Miller's Riviera: America's Showplace in Fort Lee, New Jersey (Landmarks) PDF
Similar dance books
This is often the tale of English kingdom Dance, from its 18th century roots within the English towns and nation-state, to its transatlantic bounce to the U. S. within the twentieth century, advised via not just a well known historian but additionally a people dancer, who has either immersed himself within the wealthy background of the folks culture and rehearsed its steps.
First released in 1996. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Inside highbrow paradigms that privilege brain over topic, dance has lengthy seemed as a marginal, by-product, or primitive artwork. Drawing help from theorists and artists who include topic as dynamic and agential, this e-book deals a visionary definition of dance that illuminates its constitutive paintings within the ongoing evolution of human individuals.
Whereas there are books approximately people dances from person international locations or areas, there isn’t a unmarried accomplished publication on people dances around the globe. This illustrated compendium bargains the scholar, instructor, choreographer, historian, media critic, ethnographer, and common reader an outline of the evolution and social and spiritual value of folks dance.
- Staging Ghana: Artistry and Nationalism in State Dance Ensembles (Ethnomusicology Multimedia)
- Reworking the Ballet: Counter Narratives and Alternative Bodies
- Business 101 for Dance & Fitness Teachers (The Business of Teaching Dance and Fitness)
- Modes of Explanation: Affordances for Action and Prediction
- Saved by the Blues: 36 Stories of Transformation through Blues Music and Dancing
Extra info for Bill Miller's Riviera: America's Showplace in Fort Lee, New Jersey (Landmarks)