By Tina Hobin
Read or Download Belly Dance for Health, Happiness and Empowerment PDF
Best dance books
This is often the tale of English nation Dance, from its 18th century roots within the English towns and geographical region, to its transatlantic jump to the U. S. within the twentieth century, instructed by means of not just a popular historian but additionally a folks dancer, who has either immersed himself within the wealthy heritage of the folks culture and rehearsed its steps.
First released in 1996. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Inside highbrow paradigms that privilege brain over topic, dance has lengthy seemed as a marginal, by-product, or primitive artwork. Drawing help from theorists and artists who embody topic as dynamic and agential, this booklet bargains a visionary definition of dance that illuminates its constitutive paintings within the ongoing evolution of human folks.
Whereas there are books approximately people dances from person international locations or areas, there isn’t a unmarried finished ebook on people dances around the globe. This illustrated compendium deals the coed, instructor, choreographer, historian, media critic, ethnographer, and common reader an outline of the evolution and social and spiritual importance of folks dance.
- Always More Than One: Individuation’s Dance
- Folk Dancing (The American Dance Floor)
- Dan Ge Performance: Masks and Music in Contemporary Côte d'Ivoire (African Expressive Cultures)
- Martha Graham: Gender & the Haunting of a Dance Pioneer
- Belly Dance, Pilgrimage and Identity
- New York City and the Hollywood Musical: Dancing in the Streets (Screening Spaces)
Additional resources for Belly Dance for Health, Happiness and Empowerment