By Carol Ball
Read Online or Download Approaching Jonathan Edwards: The Evolution of a Persona PDF
Best religious philosophy books
In among Philosophy and faith Volumes I and II, Brayton Polka examines Spinoza's 3 significant works—on faith, politics, and ethics—in order to teach that his notion is straight away biblical and smooth. Polka argues that Spinoza is biblical simply insofar as he's understood to be one of many nice philosophers of modernity and that he's smooth basically whilst it truly is understood that he's certain in making the translation of the Bible principal to philosophy and philosophy vital to the translation of the Bible.
One of many many demanding situations for readers of Agamben’s sprawling and heterogeneous physique of labor is what to make of his more and more insistent specialize in theology. Agamben’s Coming Philosophy brings jointly Colby Dickinson, the writer of Agamben and Theology, and Adam Kotsko, the translator of numerous of Agamben’s more moderen theologically-oriented books, to debate Agamben’s special approach to theology—and its profound implications for figuring out Agamben’s philosophical undertaking and the private political and moral difficulties of our time.
Ni ángel ni bestia, según l. a. conocida sentencia de Blaise Pascal, el ser humano no posee una naturaleza predada y conclusa, sino una condición histórica y contingente, polifacética y ambigua. Por más que se sueñe omnipotente e infinito, está condenado a existir en los angeles escasez, los angeles incertidumbre y l. a. imperfección, y su vida es un drama abierto e impredecible, que sólo l. a. antorcha de un pensamiento a los angeles vez lúcido y cordial -lógico y mítico, racional y sentiente, efectivo y afectivo- es capaz de iluminar.
This wide-ranging and encouraging quantity of essays explores Nietzsche's philosophy of the loose spirit. Nietzsche starts to articulate his philosophy of the unfastened spirit in 1878 and it leads to his such a lot congenial books, together with Human, all too Human, sunrise (or Daybreak), and The homosexual technological know-how. it really is some of the most ignored features of Nietzsche's corpus, but crucially vital to an figuring out of his paintings.
- The Metamorphosis of Finitude: An Essay on Birth and Resurrection (Perspectives in Continental Philosophy)
- Sternstunden der Theologie: Schlüsselerlebnisse christlicher Denker von Paulus bis heute (Beck'sche Reihe) (German Edition)
- God and the Universe of Faiths: Essays in the Philosophy of Religion
- Faith and Freedom: An Interfaith Perspective (Challenges in Contemporary Theology)
- Embracing the Ivory Tower and Stained Glass Windows: A Festschrift in Honor of Archbishop Antje Jackelén (Issues in Science and Religion: Publications ... for the Study of Science and Theology)
Extra info for Approaching Jonathan Edwards: The Evolution of a Persona